Yes, we are serious. You can literally lose your life by simply having your hair washed at a hair salon. This happened to a father who won $150,000 after he nearly died from a ‘shampoo and rinse’ haircut at a major hairdressing chain is warning others about deadly ‘beauty salon stroke syndrome’
Dave Tyler, 45, suffered a massive stroke caused by a blood clot when his head was bent backwards over a basin to wash his hair.
The dad-of-two – who had been visiting Headmasters in Brighton for years – later discovered the clot was caused by pressure from the sink’s rim damaging an artery at the back of his neck.
Just three days later, he lost feeling in the right side of his body and collapsed on his way to a meeting.
After being rushed to A&E, David, from Hove, East Sussex, was told the grim news he had suffered a stroke.
He spent three months in hospital before being sent home in a wheelchair.
Dave then spent a further six recovering at home before he could return to work – but his life has changed measurably.
Now Dave says he wants to raise awareness of the problem.
He said: “It’s not a one off, I have read about a woman in Hertfordshire and another in San Diego, who suffered the same thing.
“Washing hair is the sort of thing people quite junior in the industry do, so they need to be aware of the risks.
“It wasn’t about the money with the legal action, it was about preventing the same thing happening to someone else.
Where to buy hair extensions?
Are you looking for a reliable place to buy hair extensions in Canada? CanadaHair.ca is the ultimate solution in this regard and it offers you all the features and benefits that you might want!