Hair Toppers Dos And Donts
Here are the dos & donts when it comes to your hair toppers!
Here's what you should do:
- Be sure you're choosing the right hair topper. There are 5 different toppers sold on our websites, each one covers a specific hair loss area & hair loss stage. Visit our website for a chart comparing each hair topper.
- Wash your hair toppers only every 25 to 30 wears. You don't need to wash your hair toppers often. Washing them as rarely as possible will extend their lifespan and they will maintain their shine & natural appearance.
- Use only cold or lukewarm water to wash your hair toppers. Hot water can destroy your hair toppers’ color, texture, and appearance and make them look dull.
- Always use gentle & hydrating products. Choose alcohol-free & sulfate-free shampoos & conditioners.
- Once you're done washing your extensions, always let it air dry & use a towel to gently soak up excess moisture. Never blow-dry your hair toppers!
- When styling your hair topper, always apply a heat protectant spray first. Heat protectants will protect the outer layer of your hair toppers & therefore minimize heat damage.
- Use a detangling brush to detangle the hair before storing them. Doing so will save you styling time and keep your extensions smooth and silky.
- Brush your hair topper regularly, start from the bottom and work your way up
Here's what you shouldn't do:
- Never apply oils and serums to the roots of your hair topper, only use oils and serums at the midshaft and ends.
- Don't overwash your hair topper. Again, toppers don't need to be washed often!
- Don't sleep with your hair toppers
- Don't use heat styling tools on your hair toppers unless necessary, and if you have to, be sure you're using the lowest temperature possible.
- Never blow-dry your hair toppers!
- Avoid salt water and chlorine water, you're better off avoid swimming altogether. But if you're going to be swimming with your extensions, always wear a swim cap.
- We recommend you don’t alter the hair colour of the hair extensions & wigs in any way. These extensions & wigs aren’t virgin hair, and therefore have already been processed. Dyeing, toning, or applying purple/blue shampoos to them may reduce the quality of the hair extensions & wigs. We consider purple/blue shampoos as a hair dye since their main purpose is to alter blonde hair tones. We cannot be held accountable for the outcome if you decide to modify our products, your order will not be refunded nor will you receive a replacement. If you don’t like the colour you received, simply follow our return policy in order to get a full refund. If you still wish to dye the extensions, always avoid bleaching the extensions. Test one weft before dyeing the full set. Keep in mind that by dyeing your hair extensions, you can no longer return them. If you decide to dye the extensions, you do it entirely at your own discretion an own risks.