Tape In Hair Extensions Dos And Donts
Here are the dos & donts when it comes to your tape-in hair extensions!
Here's what you should do:
- Always have these extensions installed by a professional hairdresser who has solid experience and proper training for installing them. In order for you to have a pleasant experience wearing tape-in extensions, it's important for these extensions to be installed correctly.
- Before having tape-in extensions installed, wash your hair the same day with a clarifying shampoo twice. Don't use any hair conditioner or hydrating products on your hair.
- After tape-in extensions are installed, please wait 48 to 72 hours before washing your hair.
- When installing tape-in extensions, apply pressure on the tapes with a hot flat iron and press firmly.
- Brush your your extensions regularly using a detangling hair brush, especially before entering the shower and before bedtime to prevent the extension from matting and tangling. Always start from the bottom and work your way up.
- Wash your tape-in extensions no more than twice a week. Use good quality hair shampoo and conditioner. Always use gentle & hydrating products. Stay away from ones that contain sulfates and alcohol.
- When in the shower, be sure the pressure of the water doesn't pull on the extensions
- When styling your tape-in extensions, always apply a heat protectant spray first. Heat protectants will protect the outer layer of your hair extensions & therefore minimize heat damage.
- Go through your hair vertically while applying shampoo. Never scrub the tapes.
- At bedtime, braid hair into two side braids or in a larger one to prevent tangling and matting at the root area. Use a satin pillow to also prevent tangling.
Here's what you shouldn't do:
- Do not wash your hair until 48 hours after the extensions have been installed.
- Do not apply shampoo directly at the tapes and never apply conditioner on the tapes. Never apply oils and serums to the roots of your extensions, only use oils and serums at the midshaft and ends.
- Avoid using anti-dandruff shampoos as they can damage the tapes
- Never use hair oils or conditioners on your roots, this will cause the extensions to slip.
- Never brush hair extensions at the root
- Do not wash your hair upside down
- Don't over wash your hair extensions
- Do not use heat styling tools near the tapes
- Never fall sleep on wet hair extensions. Make sure the hair and tapes are dry before bedtime to avoid matting.
- Don't use heat styling tools on your tape-in extensions unless necessary, and if you have to, be sure you're using the lowest temperature possible.
- Do not tie your hair too tightly, as this can pull on the tape-in hair extensions and may eventually cause them to fall or slip away.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine water, you're better off avoid swimming altogether. But if you're going to be swimming with your extensions, always wear a swim cap.
- We recommend you don’t alter the hair colour of the hair extensions & wigs in any way. These extensions & wigs aren’t virgin hair, and therefore have already been processed. Dyeing, toning, or applying purple/blue shampoos to them may reduce the quality of the hair extensions & wigs. We consider purple/blue shampoos as a hair dye since their main purpose is to alter blonde hair tones. We cannot be held accountable for the outcome if you decide to modify our products, your order will not be refunded nor will you receive a replacement. If you don’t like the colour you received, simply follow our return policy in order to get a full refund. If you still wish to dye the extensions, always avoid bleaching the extensions. Test one weft before dyeing the full set. Keep in mind that by dyeing your hair extensions, you can no longer return them. If you decide to dye the extensions, you do it entirely at your own discretion an own risks.