Clip in hair extensions are a great way of adding length and volume to your hair.
Women prefer clip in extensions over the other hair extensions method because they are easy to install and remove. Indeed, you can apply and remove clip in extensions hassle-free without any prior experience with hair extensions.
No need for you to book an expensive appointment with a hairdresser simply to be able to wear long and thick hair extensions.
However, you may be wondering if wearing clip in extensions will look natural and discrete? Yes! Clip in extensions are discrete. They will blend seamlessly with your hair. If you have curly hair and you were searching for blending clip-in hair extensions with curly hair, you came to the right place.
In this short blog post, we will explain to you how to blend your clip in hair extensions with curly hair.
- With this technique, moisten your extension with water and a combination of rosemary essential oil, and castor oil. The sea-salt concoction is more ideal for coarse or textured hair to help make the hairpiece a bit rough.
- Braid your locks into three strands. Many curly-haired ladies have different wave patterns. It would be advisable to utilize different sizes of braids on your hair extensions because it helps generate a more natural look.
- Allow the extension to get totally dry for the whole night so the curls will settle down more naturally.
- Undo the braids as soon as the wefts are absolutely dry. Start untangling the braids with your fingers or a rat tail comb depending on what is easier for you.
Clip in hair extensions are a great way of getting longer and fuller hair instantly and safely.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 20, 2018
- Get hold of a ½ inch curling wand. Enclose a small part of your hair around the rod for 20 up to 30 seconds before letting loose the curl. Cup the curl using your palm and allow it to cool down. It maintains the shape for a longer duration.
- Be careful always to use hot tools with a heat protector when using them on hair extensions.
- If you have synthetic hair extensions, please avoid any type of heat. This can damage the synthetic fibers. Hot tools may only be used on human hair extensions.
- After curling a certain direction or weft, scrape your fingers through the waves to loosen them according to your preference. Separate the strands to match your hair’s texture accordingly.
Maintain your Curls
Allow the curls to cool down before letting them loose.
Secure each fresh curl to preserve the shape using a small clip or sprung hairpin.
It works as you bind your locks around the curling wand or iron.
Through this procedure, the heat is transmitted to the hair strands changing their shape.
Once the pinned wave cools down, it allows the outermost portion of the hair shaft to close down and stay in place.
As a result, the wave lasts for a longer period.
Let the curls get cool for several minutes while unclipping the ringlets before brushing.
Breaking the curls prematurely will make them lose their shape immediately.
Use the right styling products on your tresses to maintain the curls longer.
You can put on some mousse or use hairspray before, during and right after curling.
See a competent hair stylist from time to time to get the proper advice regarding the use of extensions and hair care.