Today, there are wide varieties of hair extensions which are available in the market.
Most of the people including fashionistas ponder over the type of hair extensions they require.
The hair extensions are usually made out of synthetic and natural human hair.
Synthetic hair extensions are designed using silicone to add flair to the hairstyle.
One of the major hitches with respect to synthetic hair extensions is that it is not possible to either dye the extensions or dry them using heating equipment such as a dryer.
Synthetic hair extensions are cost-effective when compared to natural human hair extensions.
On the other hand, human hair integration shares similar features to that of a natural human hair.
It can be dyed and styled according to the needs and requirements of an individual.
One of the unique features of human hair integration is that its hair cuticles blend well with the natural hair.
The durability of human hair integration lasts for a longer period of time when compared to other types of hair integrations.
In short, there are many differences between synthetic hair and human hair.
Now let us discuss some of the various types of hair integrations which are available in the market.
- Different types of hair integrations
- What is meant by ‘Wigs’ and ‘Hair Pieces’?
- What are the major differences between a natural human hair and synthetic hair integrations?
- Adding colors and hairstyling
- What are the major criteria’s to be taken into consideration while searching for extensions?
- Advantages of hair integrations
- How is a hair integration applied?
- Which hair extensions are the best?
- How much do hair extensions cost?
- Do extensions lead to damage of hair?
Different types of hair integrations
Micro Loop hair integrations
Micro Loop hair integrations which are also termed as ‘Micro Link’ or ‘Micro bead’ or ‘Micro-Ring‘ is a type of hair integration which consists of twisting the extensions along the natural hair and clipping it with a plier and metal bead to execute the application.
It could be one of the best choices especially for women who wish to avoid any type of glue or heat when installing hair extensions.
But one of the major drawbacks with respect to loop hair integrations is that it might slip or fall if it is not managed and cared properly.
Whenever heating equipment is applied to the metal rings, it burns and ultimately falls apart.
The estimated time it takes to execute this extension method is about three hours, but can go up to six hours.
It all depends on your hair, how many strands you are installing, and the expertise of the hair technician installing the extensions.
Micro-beads hair extensions remain a popular method of getting long and thick hair safely.
BUY MICRO-LOOP EXTENSIONS
The user does have the option to rinse this type of extension with the help of various styling items.
This method also requires repositioning at least once in three months. It is based on the growth of your natural hair along with the shifting of micro-beads from the scalp. It is not advisable to use the clamp tool since this technique is very sensitive.
What is the average lifespan of Loop hair integrations?
The average lifespan of this type of extension is about four months.
It all depends on the hair quality and more importantly: the quality of the installation. Indeed, if a hairstylist didn’t apply the micro-beads extensions properly, the lifespan may be severely reduced. As always, be sure to always pick the best hair technician when it comes to installing micro-beads extensions.
Sew-in Weave hair integrations
Weave hair integration is one of the best options for women who have extreme thick locks.
It is a process which involves braiding the natural hair into an ancient traditional African style ‘Corn row’.
These types of integrations are normally clipped with the help of a needle and a thread containing cotton.
One of the major highlights of this type of hair integration is that it is best suited for different hairstyles.
It is not advisable to apply it tightly since it might strain the scalp and heaviness.
As a result, sew in hair extensions are not suggested for women who have a fine hair.
It is best suited for those people who have a thicker hair.
The application process is long. Not to mention you may experience great difficulties in finding a hairdresser that is experienced in installing sew in hair extensions.
It might take even seven hours to execute the entire application!
Since it is a complicated process, it should be sewn-in only by a professional hair technician.
Even though they can be painful extensions, it is a one-time process since they are sewn-in to the natural human hair without the fear of falling apart.
The scalp, nape and the fine edges should be moisturized by using conditioning products per week.
It is suggested to thoroughly rinse the weave with the help of a protein product to prevent further damage and weakening of the natural hair.
The rule for styling which was mentioned earlier for real hair and synthetic hair is also applicable in the case of weave hair integrations.
What is the average lifespan of Weave hair integrations?
The average lifespan of this type of extension is about six to twelve weeks. It is highly recommended to seek the advice of the concerned hair technician while executing this application.
Tape hair integrations
Tape hair integrations which are often nickednamed as ‘Semi-permanent extensions’ are very easy to apply.
The default tape of the extension can be sandwiched on both sides of the hair.
The average lifespan of this extension is about six to twelve weeks.
Even though it is a not the most durable type of hair extensions, it is quite simple to handle and manage.
The total time taken to complete the application is about forty minutes to maximum one hour.
Of course, this will depend on how many tape in wefts you are installing as well as the experience your hairdresser possesses in installing tape in extensions.
It can be used again if the extensions are in perfect condition.
The users are required to pay close attention while applying this extension using hair conditioners as well as hair products.
It might sometimes slip or fall apart from the head.
One of the major drawbacks of this extension is that is slides-off quickly when the installation wasn’t done correctly.
Most of the hairstylists suggest making use of shampoo, hairstyling products and conditioners that do not contain the presence of alcohol or any sorts of sticky chemicals.
A user can easily handle and style theirs according to their needs and requirements.
However, they need to take care of the roots which are clipped with a tape.
What is the average lifespan of tape hair integrations?
The average lifespan of this type of extension is about four to twelve weeks. After that, the users may replace them with a new one. It is purely based on the hair growth and how they handle and manage the extensions.
If you have naturally oily hair, tape in extensions will not last more than 5 to 6 weeks. You will have to reinstall them after this period of time.
Fusion/Pre-bonded hair integrations
Fusion hair integrations are regarded as one of the favorites and popular extensions.
A pre-bonded extension blends well with the natural hair by using various adhesive including glue as well as keratin.
Since it is sensitive, there are chances of breakage if not handled properly.
The application process would last for more than four hours and the average lifespan is about six months.
A professional hair technician makes use of adhesives which could damage the natural locks if not done properly.
The process of application involves the use of a hot glue gun which glues the hair to each strand present in the natural human hair.
On the other hand, a heat clamp is used for pre-bonded hair integrations.
Fusion/Pre-bond hair integrations are handled with cosmetic products and can be re-positioned once in three months depending upon the growth of the natural human hair.
What is the average lifespan of Fusion/Pre-bonded hair integrations?
The average lifespan of this type of extension is about four months. It is also based on the type of hair and its growth.
Clip-in hair integrations
Clip-in hair integrations which are sometimes referred to as ‘Clip-in-wefts’ are available in synthetic hair and natural remy human hair.
One of the major highlights of this method is that users can easily apply and detach this extension whenever required.
The total time taken to execute this application is about five to fifteen minutes.
This type of extension does not contain the presence of any sorts of chemical solutions and no heating is required.
Moreover, you don’t need a hairdresser or any professional assistance in installing clip in extensions.
Therefore, you are automatically saving a considerable amount of money since most hair extensions installation requires professional assistance.
The rules of treatment of clip-in hair integrations are similar to that of synthetic and real hair integrations.
- Gently wash the extensions within fifteen to twenty wears to remove excess dirt.
- Allow it to dry by brushing it with shampoo and conditioners.
- Curling and straightening irons would not result in any breakage if you bought human hair clip in extensions.
- Avoid dyeing hair extensions whenever possible. Changing the color of your extensions will reduce the their lifespan since it will reduce the hair quality. You also risk permanently damaging the extensions if the dyeing wasn’t done correctly.
What is the average lifespan of clip in hair integrations?
It is also based on how the user handles and manages the extensions such as types of cosmetic products used to clean it and usage.
If they are treated properly, the lifespan will extend from six months to one year.
Many of our customers claim that their clip in extensions lasted for more than one year!
What is meant by ‘Wigs’ and ‘Hairpieces’?
There are wide varieties of ‘Wigs’ and ‘Hairpieces’ which come in varying shapes and designs.
These types of wigs are meant for bald users, those suffering from serious hair loss issues, those suffering from cancer, or simply for those who wish to dramatically make a change in their hairstyles.
One of the greatest advantages of wearing a wig is that it is easy to install.
Contrary to hair extensions, the installation process is straightforward, quick, and the result looks natural.
There are many advantages of wearing a wig.
A long full wig is normally used to cover the entire portion of a user’s head. It is actually a replacement for the natural human hair.
The installation process is very easy as the user is required to simply put the wig on the top of his/her head.
Another type of hairpieces come in the form of either a bun or a ponytail.
A ponytail extension is a great way of getting a ponytail without having to wait for months so that your hair grows back.
An individual is required to pay close attention, especially while handling and washing these types of wigs. Some of the wigs which are made out of synthetic fibers are very sensitive.
The lifespan of a wig is purely based on how well a user handles and take care of the wig.
But usually, a full wig lasts for a period of about one year.
Smaller pieces which are designed using synthetic fibers won’t last for more than one month.
What are the major differences between a natural human hair and synthetic hair integrations?
Human hair integrations are designed and produced from a human hair which is obtained from a donor.
The cuticles contained in a remy hair remain unaffected thereby reducing the risk of tangling and ensures smooth flow of cuticles from the top till bottom.
Synthetic hair integrations are made out of synthetic fibers without the presence of natural human hair.
Most of the fibers are of fine quality.
Both human hair integrations and synthetic hair integrations are available in wide range of colors, styles, and designs.
Slight variations in the quality of synthetic fibers are common nowadays.
If you wish to learn more about the differences between synthetic hair and human hair, be sure to read our latest blog post.
Adding colors and hairstyling
It is not feasible to apply extra colors or dye on a synthetic hair due to the presence of ammonia and bleach.
It might damage the extension.
Hair styling in the case of synthetic hair is not advisable since the heating equipment can permanently damage the synthetic fiber.
Therefore it is highly recommended to avoid using curling irons, hair straighteners and blow dryers.
It would melt them completely and result in breakage.
You need to make sure that the synthetic hairs are not exposed to direct sunlight and friction.
Real hair integrations can be seamlessly styled and managed as per the user’s discretion. However, human hair extensions are more expensive.
Coloring and styling are permitted in the case of real hair integrations.
But keep in mind that this will reduce the lifespan of the extensions since it will affect the quality. You are better off staying away from changing the color of the extensions.
If you absolutely need to, never bleach the extensions. Change the color only 2 shades darker maximum.
Synthetic fibers are cheap when compared to real hair integrations.
But the average lifespan of such types of extensions is limited.
They can get easily damaged due to continuous exposure to sunlight and heating equipment like blow dryers and hair conditioners.
A remy hair extension which is a real hair integration could last for more than a year.
To sum up, a real hair integration can be managed and styled accordingly to the needs and requirements of a user.
It syncs well with the natural human hair and lasts for a longer period of time.
Even though a synthetic hair integration is cost-effective, it is not possible to style and dried using heating equipment such as blow dryer, hair conditioners and curling irons. Persistent heating will lead to permanent damage of the synthetic hair.
What are the major criteria’s to be taken into consideration while searching for extensions?
- Before resorting to extensions, a user is required to examine and compare the color as well as the texture of the extensions to that of their natural hair.
- It should blend well with the natural human hair.
- In order to prevent damage, the technique should be executed with utmost care and attention.
- Cutting or trimming the extension is one of the best ways to blend it with the natural hair and to avoid being noticed.
- Additional care should be taken especially when it comes to semi-permanent hair extensions
- Avoid unnecessary pulling of the extensions while brushing it. The user may hold the end of the hair and start de-tangling. Hair products are recommended but stay away from oils to avoid bonding and taping.
- Choose the best hair extensions for you. This is really important.
- It is suggested to adjust the hair in loose braid before going to sleep since it prevents tangling.
- Hair density is yet another major factor to be taken into consideration while opting for extensions. Sometimes the overall weight of the extensions might strain the hair roots. According to a hair technician, the extensions should have a minimum density especially for women who have a fine hair. Those women who have a thicker hair may search for much heavier extensions which exactly match the hair texture.
- It is suggested to pay close attention to the instructions mentioned by your concerned hair stylist. If they recommend you to replace the extension within a period of two months, then you have to schedule the plan accordingly. Extensions which are left untreated could lead to breakage, loss of hair as well as traction alopecia.
- Always buy from a reliable hair extensions supplier.
- Canada Hair is a reliable hair extensions supplier located in Canada. All orders ship quickly from Canada and you can trace your order online at all times. Since shipments take place from Canada to Canada, you are exempted from paying any annoying duty fees or experiencing unreasonably long shipping delays. You are also encouraging your local economy!
Advantages of hair integrations
- A user does have the option to automatically swap a short hair with a long hair. Such extensions are actually meant for women who would prefer to have long hairs while attending auspicious events like wedding ceremonies and birthday celebrations.
- They are very effective and useful in including extra volume to the natural hair. It improves the overall appearance of the natural hair.
- Hair extensions are available in many colors, lengths, styles, and qualities.
- Most of the extensions can be seamlessly styled by curling, ironing and hair straightening. It will enhance the overall appearance of your hairstyle. Be sure to use hot tools only if the extensions are made of real human hair.
How is a hair integration applied?
Today, most of the professional hair technicians make use of keratin bond as well as weaving techniques by soaking the extensions in adhesives like keratin. According to professional hairstylists, keratin bonds blends well with all types of hairstyles.
Majority of the Afro-American women prefer weaving method wherein the hair stylist carefully braids the hair into cornrows. However, there are few groups of people who opt for threading their hairpieces through a loop from one end to the other end of a micro hair strand. These strands are often tightened along the scalps.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Clip in extensions: installed by opening the clips and attaching them to your hair. You can do the installation yourself.
- Tape in extensions: best extensions for thin hair. It consists of wefts with an invisible tape at the end of it. This tape will be installed on your hair in the form of a ‘sandwich’.
- Micro beads extensions: comes in different hair strands. Each strand has a loop / bead at the end of it. A strand of your hair will be used to enter this loop, and then with the help of a plier, the loop will be tightened to your hair. No glue, no heat, and no chemical products are used to install micro beads extensions.
- Fusion extensions: this type of extension is the most preferred by celebrities such as Britney Spears. This is because the extensions hold firmly to your hair since glue is being used. Just like micro beads extensions, fusion hair extensions come in different hair strands. At the end of each strand, there is a glue. This is why this type of extensions is sometimes referred to as “pre-bonded hair extensions”. This glue will be melted onto your hair with the help of a fusion connector.
- Sew in extensions: this is the most inexpensive type of semi-permanent hair extensions. Traditionally used by black people, it’s a great way of adding length and volume to one’s hair. The first step is to braid your hair and then sew the extensions onto it.
Which hair extensions are the best?
The best hair extensions will depend on your personal preferences.
As a national hair extensions supplier in Canada, we are in a good position to advise in which extensions are the best. Feel free to reach out to us anytime you want if you need any assistance in picking the best extensions.
The best extensions for almost everybody are clip in extensions.
These are the extensions we suggest to first-time users of hair extensions.
Since you can install them yourself safely and securely, they are the most affordable hair extensions.
If you wish to wear extensions 24/7, go with tape in extensions if you have thin hair. If you have coarse or thick hair, sew-in extensions and fusion extensions are great. You will have more success finding a hairdresser that can install fusion extensions than sew-in extensions. If you never had extensions before, stay away from sew-in extensions.
If you wish to have semi-permanent hair extensions, but you are concerned with the use of glue and heat, choose micro-beads hair extensions.
How much do hair extensions cost?
The price will depend on:
- Hair extensions method
- Installation price
Browse our price list for a detailed price of hair extensions.
– Hair extensions method
– Installation price
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 20, 2018
Do extensions lead to damage of hair?
No, hair extensions are not supposed to damage your hair.
Please note that we emphasize on the word supposed.
This doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to end up having damaged hair because of hair extensions.
If your hairdresser makes a mistake while installing your hair extensions, you may end up having damaged hair.
This usually happens with fusion / pre-bonded hair extensions.
It cannot happen with other hair extensions method.
Choosing a professional hair stylist
In order to avoid any unpleasant experiences with hair extensions, always ensure to choose a professional hairdresser that is knowledgeable in installing your desired hair extensions method.
We always recommend visiting a certified hair extensions specialist.
If your hairdresser or hairstylist isn’t certified, be sure that he or she has many positive online reviews about installing hair extensions to minimize the risk of any inconveniences.
In most of the cases, customer reviews are very helpful in arriving at a conclusion.