Today, most of the people who have a shorter and thinner hair would prefer to add extra volume to their natural hair through hair extensions.
One of the major highlights of applying hair extensions for short hair is that the users can style their hair with wide varieties of colors and enhance the confidence level.
The users have plenty of options to choose from a range of extensions out of which clip-in-hair extensions could be one of the best choices.
Hair extensions with short hair
- One can seamlessly attach and detach the extensions for washing and drying as well. Clip-in-hair extension blends well with the natural human hair.
- It is recommended to choose shorter extensions ranging from 14 inches to 18 inches in length.
- The users have to make sure that while selecting hair extensions for short hair, it should blend well with the natural hair with adequate thickness. Carefully examine the thickness of extensions with your natural hair. Canada Hair offers 2 thicknesses: standard and thick. Both will add impressive volume to your natural hair. Standard clip in hair extensions are more affordable, whereas thick clip in hair extensions give a more impressive result.
- It is mandatory to compare the color of the hair extensions with that of your natural hair. Select the color that most closely matches your natural color.
- You have to plan much in advance with respect to the type of extensions you require. A human hair extension is considered to be one of the best options wherein you can easily style, heat and dye as per your needs and requirements. Even though they are expensive, it will transform your overall appearance and look. On the other hand, you can settle with synthetic clip in hair extensions as well. This type of hair quality is considerably more affordable than human hair extensions, but you are limited in what you can do with the extensions. For instance, you cannot style, curl, or dye synthetic hair. If you never had extensions before, starting with synthetic hair is a great option.
- It is highly recommended to thoroughly rinse and condition your hair before attaching the extensions. Those people who have a sticky and oily hair should definitely follow this step.
- Tightly clip the top half of your natural hair rather than holding it with a hair tie. The clip-in-extension technique separates the top as well as the remaining hairpieces.
- Gently pull your hair to attach the clip-in-hair extension with the help of a brush or comb. The user may attach the extension to any portion of the head as long as the natural hair offers better coverage.
- A shelf is created which allows the user to seamlessly attach the extensions. A single weft is more than enough to hold the extensions on the back of user’s head whereas multiple wefts are required to secure extensions on either side of the head.
- For additional grips, spraying hairspray is recommended. Now the user may undo the clips by grabbing their extensions. Tightly hold the clips to the point where the shelf was created. Take a closer look at the mirror before clipping the extensions and ensure it fits well. This process can be repeated until you are satisfied with the application.
- Individuals who would prefer to have semi-permanent extensions may head straight to the hair salon after buying hair extensions. You may seek advice from the concerned hair stylists and ask them the type of extension that is best suited for your head. There are wide varieties of hair extensions available in the market such as micro-linked, sewn-in, fused as well as tape-in hair extensions. Each extension has its own pros and cons.
- The total time taken to execute tape-in-hair extensions is about forty minutes. The average lifespan of tape-in-hair extensions is about four to eight weeks. Sew-in-hair extension method could be one of the best options for women who have a thicker hair. In this method, the concerned hair technician will cornrow the natural hair and insert the extensions directly to the braid. The total lifespan of sew-in-hair extensions is about six to eight weeks. You also have fusion hair extensions, which are the preferred extensions by celebrities. If you wish to wear extensions semi-permanently and avoid any glue & heat, micro-beads extensions are the solution.
The user may trim the hair extensions if required. It is advisable to trim the tip of the extension to have an aesthetic appearance and look. Trimming is executed with the help of a pair of scissors. You should tightly hold both the end of extensions and cut it with the scissors. If you feel that you are not comfortable in completing the application, you may seek the help of a professional hairstylist.
- You can blend the hair extensions by either curling or straightening your natural hair with the help of curling iron. Keep in mind that using hot tools on hair extensions is only possible if you bought human hair extensions. If you have synthetic hair extensions, avoid using hot tools.
- A shine serum is extremely useful. It is an ideal option to add extra smoothness and brightness to the extensions. You may spray the solution all over the hair and style it according to your needs.
- Keep in mind that if you have short hair and wish to wear extensions, be sure to have 3 inches to 5 inches hair length before proceeding in buying extensions.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 20, 2018
We hope you enjoyed our article on wearing hair extensions with short hair. Keep in mind that you can wear hair extensions with short hair. The best option would be clip in extensions because you can install and remove the extensions yourself whenever you want. On the other hand, if you wish to wear extensions 24/7, tape in extensions are the recommended solution.