Pros and cons of hair extensions?
There are many pros and many cons.
As of now, there is no miracle solution for getting longer and fuller hair instantly.
Some shady company may claim to have a developed miracle formula to instantly grow your hair, but it’s all rubbish.
Although you do have hair care products that help hair growth, they are by no means meant to grow your hair to a considerable length and thickness.
This is why hair extensions are really popular.
- Different hair extensions method
- Pros of hair extensions
- Cons of hair extensions
- Hair extensions most popular hair quality
- How to take care of hair extensions
Recently in Canada, hair extensions became even more popular because of their affordability.
Hair extensions, which are often nicked named as ‘Artificial hair integrations’, is the process of adding or lengthening the existing natural hair of an individual.
‘Hair extensions’ are attached to the hair combining either human hair or synthetic hair.
It is quite easy to style and dye a natural human hair but it is not possible in the case of a synthetic hair. Click here to read the differences between synthetic hair and human hair.
Some of the most popular hair extension techniques are
- clip in hair extensions
- tape in hair extensions
- fusion hair extensions
- sew-in hair extensions
- micro-loop hair extensions
- ponytail extension
Now let us discuss some of the advantages and disadvantages of hair extensions.
Artificial hair integrations share similar features to that of a standard wig.
It is very convenient to handle and use a wig.
On the other hand, artificial hair integrations are well known for its versatility.
Hair extensions, which are made out of pure human hair, are available in plenty of sizes, shapes and colors.
Today, most of the eminent personalities and celebrities are spotted wearing various types of hair extensions depending upon the theme of an event.
It is an advanced technique of getting longer and thicker hair quickly and safely.
It is regarded as one of the favorites especially among Fashionistas.
Many people would prefer to add extra volume and length to their existing hair.
They choose from a range of colors, which blends well with their natural hair.
If an individual would like to change the current style of their hair extensions, they can do so by installing clip in extensions themselves.
On the other hand, if they wish to wear semi-permanent hair extensions, they may fix an appointment with a professional hair technician and execute the type of integration required.
Some of the common techniques involved in hair integration are as follows:
Different hair extensions methods
Temporary hair extensions
Clip in hair extensions
Clip in extensions are the best extensions if you wish to wear them occasionally.
Many times, we hear how people are afraid of committing to a hair extensions installation.
There are so many things to keep in mind when installing semi-permanent hair extensions, such as maintaining and caring for the extensions, that lots of girls simply abandon the idea of getting longer and thicker hair.
Clip in extensions are different.
They are hair extensions that you can install yourself.
This means that you don’t need to book an appointment with a certified hair extensions specialist or a hairdresser with vast experience in installing extensions.
You can simply wear them on whenever you wish. You can also remove them quickly.
No need for you to spend additional money on installing extensions.
No need for chemical products or special equipment.
These extensions come in 7 hair wefts.
Each hair weft has clips pre-installed.
You pop the clip open, part your hair, and attach the clip in extensions to your hair.
This technique is cheap when compared to other types of hair integrations.
An individual can apply or remove the clip from the natural hair at their own discretion.
They usually arrive in varying sizes and lengths.
The hair integrations are available in wide range of colors, textures, and designs.
Although there are a few cons of wearing clip in extensions, they are the best extensions if you wish to wear them from time to time without any commitment.
Taking care of clip in extensions isn’t complicated. The process is straightforward and your clip in extensions will last a long time if maintained properly.
Indeed, Canada Hair can confirm that clip in extensions are the best selling extensions at this moment.
Semi-permanent hair extensions
Strand-by-strand hair integration
This type of hair integration involves combining tiny strands of the extensions with the natural hair.
There are 2 different types of strand-by-strand hair extensions: fusion hair extensions and micro loop hair extensions.
The difference between these 2 is in the method they are installed.
Fusion hair extensions consist of adhesive such as glues that are pre-installed at the end of each strand.
This glue is melted to your own hair with the help of a fusion connector.
Another method is micro-loop hair extensions.
This method of extensions is also referred as micro-rings hair extensions or micro-beads hair extensions.
Broadly speaking, these extensions come in different hair strands and at the end of each strand, there is a loop.
This loop will be used so that it can hold a strand of your hair.
Sew in hair extensions
This hair extensions technique used to be really popular back in the 80s and 90s.
This is because sew in hair extensions are the first method of hair extensions technique ever to be introduced.
The process for installing these extensions is a bit complicated.
Indeed, not many hairdressers offer this technique in their hair salon. And for good reasons: installing sew-in hair extensions is difficult.
However, it’s the least expensive hair extensions method.
Your natural hair must first have a track which is capable of holding the hairs together. Then, you will sew the extensions onto it.
Generally speaking, you should have these extensions installed only if you wore extensions before.
We’d strongly discourage you from getting sew-in extensions if it’s your first time wearing extensions.
Tape in hair extensions
We kept the best for last: tape in extensions.
Tape in extensions are the best hair extensions for thin hair.
These extensions became popular because of their lightweight and discreteness.
But keep in mind that these extensions the most expensive semi-permanent hair extensions
Regardless, they are worth it.
Tape in extensions are installed easily and quickly.
Some of the hair extensions mentioned above can take up to 6 hours for the installation to complete.
This is a long time!
Tape in extensions can be installed in 45 minutes only.
Despite the fact that tape in hair extensions have a few cons, there are many benefits that you will not find anywhere else.
Pros of hair extensions
- One of the major advantages of artificial hair integrations is that an individual does not have to spend too much time on managing their hair and it is not a painful process.
- Attaching artificial hair integrations do not even damage the existing natural hair. If you discover that the growth of your hair is at a slower pace, then you may consider applying artificial hair integrations rather than depending upon the natural human hair.
- Most of the people prefer covering their head by applying hair extensions to update their existing hairstyle. In other words, you find yourself with beautiful long and thick hair instantly.
- Hair extensions are commonly used by the people to enhance the volume of their natural hair. It also helps in improving the overall look and appearance of your natural hair.
- Artificial hair integrations are very effective and useful in creating extra colors to the existing natural hair.
- Hairstyles can be customized according to our needs and requirements. For example, some people would prefer to have their hair shaped by curling, hot ironing and straightening. It can be changed which suits the theme of an event.
- Wearing hair extensions transform the overall appearance and look of a person.
- Wearing artificial hair integrations boosts your confidence level.
Cons of hair extensions
- Artificial hair integrations are somewhat expensive if you compare it with other hair accessories or hair enhancements products
- The installation process is complicated depending on which hair extensions method you choose. You might even need the assistance of a professional hair technician to execute it. There are certain types of extensions such tape-in hair which should be applied in the presence of a highly-skilled hair technician. The process of installation could vary based on the extensions you choose. You have to make sure that the concerned person has acquired proper training in getting the job done.
- Artificial hair integrations should be properly installed in order to prevent damage.
- Hair extensions are not recommended if you suffer from serious hair loss issues. You should have a minimum hair length of 3 to 5 inches before considering wearing extensions. If you suffer from hair loss issues that prevent you from wearing hair extensions, you may consider wearing a wig.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 18, 2018
The most popular hair quality
Hair extensions come in different hair qualities, ranging from synthetic hair to real hair.
Which hair quality is the best?
If budget isn’t an issue, European hair extensions are the best.
However, they are limited in really expensive.
On the other hand, you have Chinese hair. This hair quality is inexpensive, but the quality isn’t good at all.
Therefore, which hair quality is the best in terms of price/quality ratio?
Remy hair extensions are the best hair extensions on the market!
Remy hair integrations are designed using a blend of natural and superior quality hair.
It is a type of hair which is acquired from a donor’s hair.
Such types of extensions are quite similar to that of a natural hair.
A professional hair technician will also find it difficult to compare the similarities of an artificial hair and an original hair.
How to take care of hair extensions
Some of the basic tips to properly manage and care hair integrations are discussed below:
- Gently wash your hair extensions twice a week. However, clip in extensions don’t need to be washed as often as other hair extensions. We recommend you wash clip in extensions every 15 to 20 uses.
- In the case of clip in extensions, you need to make sure that you have removed the hair extension and clean them gently before going to bed. It is highly recommended to wash the extension at least once in a month by using either shampoo or a conditioner. Avoid using hair care products made of sulfate or alcohol.
- First, you need to soak the extensions, with lukewarm water. You may even consider using a handheld showerhead to clean the extensions. Now apply few drops of shampoo and massage the hair. It is better to stick to a wig shampoo especially if you have a synthetic extension. On the other hand, an ordinary shampoo or a conditioner is suitable for a real hair, as long as it’s sulfate-free and very hydrating.
- Allow the extensions to dry. It is not advisable to brush them in wet conditions. You may use a soft towel to dry and clip them to a hanger.
- You need to make sure that the extensions are dry before combing it with the help of a wide-toothed comb.
- Utmost care should take during heat styling including hair straightening as well as curling. The extensions should be dried before they are heated.
- Blow-drying extensions is not advisable if you would like to prevent tangling.
- You are required to style the extensions before attaching them to your natural hair.
- It is highly recommended to wear the extensions in a ponytail or a braid. There are certain extensions, which might tend to fall apart. So carefully read the instructions before purchasing new extensions.
We hope you enjoyed your articles about pros and cons of hair extensions!
To recap: there are many pros and cons of hair extensions.
The greatest pro of wearing hair extensions is that it adds volume and length instantly.
No need for you to wait for months until your hair grows back.
You can get a dramatic change in your hairstyle instantly with hair extensions, not to mention that it can also fix a bad haircut!
As for the greatest con of wearing hair extensions, keep in mind that hair extensions cost money.