Misconceptions about wigs… there are many!
Some people refrain from using wigs as they have plenty of misconceptions about it.
Most often, these emotions are based on half-truths or negative comments about it by others.
Once realization sets in that these misconceptions are not true, you are more likely to use wigs for various occasions.
Some of the common misconceptions about wigs prevalent are as given below
- Wigs give an unnatural look
- Wigs are a poor substitute for a natural hair
- Nothing can substitute natural human hair
- It can be uncomfortable and itchy
- Vulnerable to damage
- It can be cumbersome
- It lacks the movement of natural hair
- It can be stuffy and hot
- Limited variants and colors
- Since wigs are bulky, it is not very convenient to handle
- Wigs are not durable
- Human hair wigs are more natural when compared to synthetic ones
- Wigs are not worth the money
- Wearing wigs on a regular basis permanently damage the scalp
- Wigs have styling limitations
- Likely to fall-off
- Slows down natural hair growth
All of these are false! In fact, wigs have many advantages.
Wigs give an unnatural look
False! Very often, you may feel that wigs do not represent the real ‘You’. You are therefore repelled by its fake look, but the reality is that like all fashion products, it just compliments your good look. Today, majority of the wigs are created in a way that resembles a natural human hair. Lace front wig is regarded as one of the popular ones among women. The front lace has the ability to create an impression of natural hairline.
Wigs are a poor substitute for a natural hair
False! It is true that synthetic materials cannot replicate the natural hair. However, by using wigs made of good quality materials, its original ‘look’ can be restored.
Nothing can substitute natural human hair
It can be uncomfortable and itchy
False! This is true for only wigs made of low quality material. However, modern wigs are made out of Monofilament material. It reduces itching and hotness connected with it. It provides adequate comfort without irritating the scalp. Superior quality wig which is created using fabrics offers cooling and long lasting comfort. Consider purchasing a wig cap if the user has bought additional sensitive scalp. It is very helpful in reducing wig irritations.
Vulnerable to damage
False! This is partially true because a little care is always needed to keep it look natural. By properly taking care of the wig, you can prevent it from being damaged. It is nevertheless true that, more care needs to be given to wigs than natural human hair.
It can be cumbersome
False! This is not really true because most of the wigs are compact and convenient with thicknesses that you can choose from.
It lacks the movement of natural hair
False! In this case, too, this is more due to the use of cheap wigs, which comes in a fixed style and therefore lacks the spontaneous movement of real hair. By using superior quality wigs, it can be made to look natural.
It can be stuffy and hot
False! Choosing wigs, of course, would depend upon climatic conditions. But by buying luxury wigs with gauze-like materials, it can reduce the stuffy feeling when it is hot.
Limited variants and colors
False! This is certainly not true because nowadays there are wigs, which come in all shapes, length and colors. Apart from the usual black, blonde or brown, you can have wigs tailor-made to your color preference.
Since wigs are bulky, it is not very convenient to handle.
False! Nowadays, wigs are available in varying sizes and thickness.
Wigs are not durable
False! If they are properly handled, a wig can last many years.
Human hair wigs are more natural when compared to synthetic ones
False! Majority of the people chose synthetic wigs since frequent maintenance is not required. On the other hand, a natural human wig does require plenty of care as well as styling.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 18, 2018
Wigs are not worth the money
False! Wigs are worth the money. It is indeed one of the best ways to enhance the confidence level by transforming your overall appearance and look.
Wearing wigs on a regular basis permanently damage the scalp
False! There are no correlations between wearing wigs and having permanent damage to the scalp.
Wigs have styling limitations
False! There are countless styles of wigs available in the market today.
Likely to fall-off
False! Unless you are into acrobatics, a good quality wig will remain securely on your head. Most wigs have clips, straps or silicon strips to keep it intact. Wig tapes and clips are some of best options to secure it in place.
Slows down natural hair growth
False! This is certainly not true because by using wigs, you are not in any way hindering the growth of natural hair. On the other hand, this would only help you in maintaining your self-esteem. It is commonly found among individuals who are undergoing cancer treatment. Most of the people, especially women, refrain from applying wig because it might hamper the hair growth. It is not true since wearing a wig is one of the best ways to prevent your scalp from direct exposure to sunlight. In addition, it enhances the confidence level of the individual. The user can easily clip the hair pieces by using bobby pins. Heat defiant wigs allow you to alter the hairstyle by using heating equipment such as straightening irons and curling wands. On the other hand, lace front wigs enable the user to completely tug off the hair from the face.
Advantages of wigs
- They are very helpful in adding extra length and volume to the natural human hair. A 100% Remy Human Hair could be one of the best options to enhance your self-esteem.
- Wigs are best suited for the people who would like to take part in special occasions.
- A human hair wig is smooth and shiny. On the other hand, the texture of synthetic wigs looks just like a human hair wig and is considerably more affordable.
- If the user would prefer to blend their natural hair with the wig, they need to purchase superior quality wigs. It also prevents tangling and shedding of hair strands.
- Wigs are very safe and secure. Plenty of customizing options are also available for the discerning clients.
- Wearing wigs is one of the best ways to spruce up your lifestyle. It is best suited for major events like Halloween, costume parties, masquerade balls, hide hair issues, enhance one’s look, or simply for everyday’s life!
- Top quality wigs safeguard your natural hair. Hair straightening, curling and regular washing are also possible with human hair wigs.
- Thickness can also be maintained right from the top until the bottom.
- A user can save considerable amount of time when opting for a wig.
- One of the major highlights of wigs is that a user can alter the color, texture and length of the hairstyle if the wig is made of human hair. It is very easy to switch over from one style to desired ones.
- Majority of the wigs available in the market are ready to wear. As a result, it is just a matter of few minutes by using a comb or manually brushes the natural hair.
- They are very useful in protecting the natural human hair from extreme weather conditions.
- Natural hair wigs are available in arrays of styles such as short and long wigs. They are produced using natural human hair. It can be easily customized according to the needs and preference of the user. It can be either blow-ironed or flat-ironed.
- Hair loss can be hidden safely and discretely.
Ready to wear wigs are available in plenty in most of the beauty stores and even online e-commerce portals such as Canada Hair.
We hope you enjoyed our blog post about misconceptions about wigs. Did we miss any misconceptions about wigs? Let us know in the comments!