How to take care of synthetic wigs?
It’s not complicated at all.
In this blog post, we will explain to you how to take care of your synthetic wig so that it lasts a long time.
It’s really important that after you buy a synthetic wig, you take care of it regularly.
If the user is wearing a synthetic wig on a regular basis, then it is highly recommended to wash it thoroughly once in three weeks.
How to take care of synthetic wigs
- It is advisable to wash the wig carefully with a wide tooth comb to prevent tangling. You are required to remove the tangles by brushing it lightly with the help of tooth comb or a brush. Pulling or dragging is fiber might damage the wig.
- Pour cold water rather than hot water into a bowl. Mix the water well with an ounce of shampoo. Now you may soak the wig into the water for few minutes. It is highly recommended to avoid using hot water since it will permanently damage your synthetic wig.
- Now you may dip the wig in a bowl containing water. This process is executed in order to remove the excess shampoo present in the wig. Do not try to twist and squeeze the wig, which might lead to breakage.
- You may apply some conditioner to the synthetic wig by brushing it gently from top until the end. Set it aside for a period of about four to five minutes. Repeat the process by thoroughly rinsing the synthetic wig using cold water.
- Carefully position the wig in between a towel, which is folded, and pat dry. You have to make sure that you do not either twist, squeeze or rub the wig while drying. Now you may take it off from the towel.
- Finally, style the wig manually or by using a comb in order to maintain its original style. Allow it to dry by placing the wig on a wig stand or a vase. Ensure that you do not use a hair dryer since it might permanently damage your wig.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 17, 2018
Some of the useful tips while purchasing and washing your wigs:
- To remove excess oil present on the wig, you may consider using a wig cap. Before purchasing one, ensure it suits your head. You need to examine the exact size of the wig and compare it with your head. It should not be over-tight and loose.
- Avoid using hair styling tools including hair dryers, straightening irons as well as curling irons since it might lead to breakage and ultimately damage your wig.
- Frequent washing is not advisable. It might get damaged due to wear and tear.
- You have to make sure that you hold the wig far away from fire, hot water and continuous exposure to sunlight. If the user is wearing on a regular basis, then they may place it on a stand.
- Those individuals who occasionally wear the wig may place it inside a paper box. However, ensure that it is kept in open air for adequate ventilation. It should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
We hope you enjoyed our washing guide on how to take care of synthetic wigs.
If you have any questions about how to take care of synthetic wigs, or any other questions, keep in mind that we are only an email away and happy to help!
BUY WIGS NOW