How to wear a lace front wig?
Today, most of the people prefer wearing a lace front wig because of its versatility.
A lace front wig is quite similar to that of a standard hairline thereby enabling the user to style the wig in varying hairstyles.
The process of applying this type of wig is quite simple and quick.
At first, the user is required to attach the hair. Later, the wig should be adjusted including tightening of the straps and trimming it accordingly. Finally, the user may apply adhesive to secure the wig properly and style their hair as per their discretion. Here are 5 steps to follow when you wish to wear a lace front wig.
- Perform a skin test
- Attach your hair
- Apply a wig cap
- Apply adhesive and wear the wig
- Additional information on applying a lace front wig
1. Perform a skin test
At first, an individual is recommended to perform a skin test to determine any sorts of skin allergy.
It is essential before applying a wig.
Here’s how to make sure you are not allergic: put a few drops of adhesive on the back of the hand
Keep the liquid adhesive intact for one day.
If you discover any variations in the color tone or signs of irritations, then you may consider purchasing a hypoallergenic wig tape and replace it with a liquid adhesive.
If there are no issues with the skin, then you may proceed by applying the wig.
2. Attach your hair
It is highly recommended to attach your hair in order to place the wig properly and ensure a good appearance.
It can be shaped in the form of cornrows or ponytail, which is purely based on the length of hair.
3. Apply a wig cap
Apply a wig cap to ensure the hair is flat, thereby keeping the wig intact.
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 16, 2018
4. Apply adhesive and wear the wig
Apply adhesive and then apply the wig on your head. Level it with the natural hairline.
If you find that the wig contains tight straps, then you may adjust it accordingly.
5. Additional information on how to wear a lace front wig
- In order to trim the lace, the wig should be attached properly. Take a scissor and trim it besides the hairline. Try to maintain a distance from the lace. It is a one-time process, which has to be executed while wearing a wig for the first time.
- Ensure that you properly maintain the wig for durability.
If you wish to wear a lace front wig, ensure to do it the correct way so that it looks natural and discrete.