There are many good reasons why clip in hair extensions are the most popular type of hair extensions on the market at the moment. If you want to know how to take care of clip in hair extensions so that they last a long time, you came to the right place.
- Hair extensions don’t receive natural oils like our own hair, so you don’t need to wash your clip in extensions as often as you would with your own hair. We suggest washing your clip in extensions every 15 wears (or whenever you feel that there is too much product buildup)
- Remove your clip in extensions before washing them
- Detangle your clip in extensions before washing them. Use a wide-tooth comb and gently brush your hair to remove any knots
- The less you wash your clip in extensions, the longer they will last but still keep them clean and tangle free.
- Always use sulfate-free shampoo and sulfate-free conditioner (use shampoo first)
- Always avoid using hair products that contain alcohol, because it can dry the hair extensions
- Use a deep conditioning mask for 5 hours (or overnight) when you are washing your hair extensions. For better results, place your extensions inside a Ziploc bag so that the extensions can better absorb the conditioning mask
- Use only cold or lukewarm water
- Tap the wet extensions on a towel so that it can absorb the water. Please, never twist wet hair extensions!
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 1, 2018
We hope you enjoyed this article. Keep in mind that we are only an email away if you have any questions!
Where to buy hair extensions?
Are you looking for a reliable place to buy hair extensions in Canada? CanadaHair.ca is the ultimate solution in this regard and it offers you all the features and benefits that you might want!