Clip in hair extensions are becoming more and more popular. There are many good reasons why clip in hair extensions are the most popular types of hair extensions on the market at this moment. If you want to know how to take care of clip in hair extensions so that they last a long time, you came to the right place. We will share with you a few points to keep in mind so that your clip in hair extensions will last a long time:
- Hair extensions don’t receive natural oils like our own hair, so you don’t need to wash your clip in extensions as often as you would with your own hair. We suggest washing your clip in extensions every 15 wears (or whenever you feel that there is too much product buildup)
- Remove your clip in extensions before washing them
- Detangle your clip in extensions before washing them. Use a wide-tooth comb and gently brush your hair to remove any knots
- The less you wash your clip in extensions, the longer they will last
- Always use sulfate-free shampoo and sulfate-free conditioner (use shampoo first)
- Always avoid using hair products that contain alcohol, because it can dry the hair extensions
- Use a deep conditioning mask for 5 hours (or overnight) when you are washing your hair extensions. For better results, place your extensions inside a Ziploc bag so that the extensions can better absorb the conditioning mask
- Use only cold or lukewarm water
- Tap the wet extensions on a towel so that it can absorb the water. Please, never twist wet hair extensions!
- You can apply a few drops of argan oil if you wish to have healthy-looking extensions
- Let your hair extensions air-dry
— Canada Hair (@CanadaHair) February 1, 2018
We hope you enjoyed this article. Keep in mind that we are only an email away if you have any questions!
SHOP CLIP IN HAIR EXTENSIONS NOW